Rocky River Public Library
Rocky River, Ohio
Rocky River Public Library completed a phased renovation and entry expansion of the existing 1928 vintage public library building. Tec completed the engineering support for a rather extensive remodeling of the lower level community rooms, main level entry and reading room, and upper level children’s department.
A major improvement in the lighting quality for the Grand Reading Room was achieved by replacing the existing wall mounted indirect fixtures, and inefficient recessed ceiling fixtures with high performance energy efficient ceramic metal halide luminares.
The concept for the interior illumination was to provide a comfortable visual environment, and minimize debilitating glare. Providing illumination on the walls enhances visual comfort and increases the apparent size of spaces.
Cabinets housing the Cowan Pottery Museum Collection were re-lit to enhance the viewing of the pottery while minimizing glare and visual hot spots. The Cowan Pottery Museum features over 1200 pieces of
a distinctive form of American art pottery created by R. Guy Cowan and his associates at the Cowan Pottery Studio in Lakewood, Ohio from 1913-1917, and in Rocky River, Ohio from 1920-1931.